We've completed the initial set up of Teacher Dashboard for all SCS Primary Schools for 2017. This means that your teachers and students can now begin using TD. Teachers access TD in the usual way:
A few things to keep in mind:
1. You can see the configuration of teachers and classes in TD for your school here.
2. We've relied on your SAS data to configure the initial allocation of teachers to classes. In some cases this won't reflect the setup you require. To add teachers to or remove teachers from classes, or to have classes created or removed, please submit a ticket to the TD Help Desk and we'll get that configured for you.
3. Regarding students, your TD setup should be mostly correct. However, you may find that some new students are missing (their Google account is not yet ready) or in the wrong class (sometimes a SAS issue). Again, submit a ticket and we'll resolve this for you.
We trust that you and your staff will continue to find TD a useful tool for teaching and learning with CloudShare. Have a great start to the new school year.
The SCS TD Support Team
Earlier today Hapara's TD service was disrupted causing student documents to not be displayed and some students to have duplicate folders in their Drive.
Hapara have identified that the issue was caused by a mis-configuration in the Roster Loading feature. They have corrected the configuration, and can confirm that Dashboard is correctly displaying documents for students now. Unfortunately a side effect of the mis-configuration was that some students has had another set of student folders created for them. Hapara are working on identifying these folders, and will merge these folders with their existing folders. They will do this in a manner to ensure that no student work will be affected and will let us know the progress of this clean up. No ETA at this stage.
Hapara apologises for these issues and any inconvenience to teaching and learning this has caused.
As you may be aware, earlier this year Hapara released "Highlights", a significant upgrade to their Interact service. We will be making the Hapara Highlights service available to all Sydney Catholic Schools from Monday June 20 (Week 9).
In order to enable the Hapara Highlights service we need to disable the "Interact" service. Therefore, from Monday June 20 schools will no longer have access to Interact.
Using Hapara Highlights is straightforward and many features are similar to Interact, so we anticipate teachers will migrate over the the new service quickly and easily. We suggest you share with your staff the information and training materials Hapara provides to teachers on how to use the Highlights service.
As always, if you have questions or issues regarding Hapara Highlights please contact the TD Help Desk.
Most TD Managers, Principals and APs have access to all TD classes in their school. If, when you access TD, you do not see the All Classes tab as expected, like this ...
... there's 3 things you can try:
1. Please sign out from CloudShare, clear your Chrome cache (everything from the beginning of time, but not passwords), and then sign in again.
2. Ensure that you are correctly signed in to Chrome and that there isn't a small yellow "hazard" symbol next to your name in the top right corner of Chrome.
3. If you're switching between accounts in Chrome (e.g. personal gmail & @syd CEnet account), make sure you're doing this using Chrome Profiles. TD has known issues when switching between accounts unless you set up separate Chrome profiles.
If these steps don't resolve the issue please submit a ticket to the TD Help Desk and we'll investigate.
Just a brief reminder regarding teachers seeking support for their use of TD. We've had a couple of incidents in recent weeks where teachers have contacted Hapara directly, mainly for incidents involving access to classes. The result is a delay in the teacher getting the help they need.
Could I ask you to please remind your colleagues to put any TD-related requests through you, in the first instance, and then for you to raise a ticket with the TD Help Desk if you need our assistance.
So, to recap, the support process is:
Teacher --> TD Manager (you) --> TD Help Desk (us) --> Hapara (if required).
We hope that your experience with Teacher Dashboard in 2015 has been successful. In preparation for setting up Teacher Dashboard for your school at the beginning of 2016 we've developed documentation to help you understand the process and what actions you need to take.
The good news is that the team here at CEO Sydney and Hapara will do most, if not all, of the heavy lifting for you.
There are two items that require your attention before the end of the 2015 school year.
1. Click here to prepare for using Teacher Dashboard in 2016. The action required is completing a form that will take you < 1 minute. This is the link to the form. Please note: Time slots for TD setup in 2016 are allocated on a first-in-first-served basis.
2. Click here to learn about the archiving process at the end of 2015. The action required is for Secondary schools using Sentral or SEQTA. No action required otherwise.
December 16: All Sentral/SEQTA schools disable TD Sync. Learn more ...
December 19: Archiving begins, 2015 Classes no longer displayed in TD. Learn more ...
January 18: Start of 2016 TD setup process. Learn more ...
We look forward to supporting you again in 2016 as you and your staff use Teacher Dashboard to get the most out of CloudShare with your students.
As always, information about Teacher Dashboard is available on the Teacher Dashboard Project Site.
Hapara continues to improve their WorkSpace assessment management platform in Teacher Dashboard.
Teachers can now see a view of Workspace activity on a learner-by-learner Dashboard view by clicking on the new “Individual Activity” tab. This will show each learner’s activity on evidence within the Workspace.
Hapara continue to update and improve their new Workspace assessment management tool in TD.
Now, when students submit work via Workspace any documents submitted are automatically "embargoed". Here, the student's permissions change from 'edit' mode to 'suggest' mode (see here) while the teacher assesses the work. Full student editing rights are restored when the teacher returns the doc to the student.
We encourage you to try this new feature and provide any feedback directly to Hapara using the "How can we improve this page" feedback box at the bottom of every TD screen.
Thanks to Lenva Shearing, Lead educator for Hapara, who led a session on the new Highlights tool, Hapara's update to the Interact function in Teacher Dashboard. The video of the session (31:30) is below.
From Lenva Shearing, Lead Educator for Hapara:
I have created a brand new community for Aust/NZ Hapara Educators. It will be a place for Australian and New Zealand educators to share insights and stories, ask for help, and generally inspire and empower each other through the use of Hapara's Tools.
If you would like to join this community, we would love to see you there.
Please share this link with your colleagues and friends.
Ngā mihi nui
1-10 of 75